- Zoom in
- Zoom out
To explore our maps simply open either or both of the menus along the top of the map and select the information you would like to see.
You may only choose one groundwater characteristic (aquifer, salinity or yield) at a time, but you may add as many of the other data layers (e.g D&S bores, licences bores, management units etc) as you like.
Click on layers or data points to see more information.
Gippsland region map
To enhance your experience we have provided detailed information about the data presented on this map on the following pages:
- Groundwater use in Gippsland
- Groundwater and the environment in Gippsland
- Groundwater levels in Gippsland
- Salinity (quality) and yield of aquifers in Gippsland
- Geology of aquifers in Gippsland
How to use the map
This map allows you to see groundwater information across Southern Victoria.
- Select the data layers that interest you, such as licences, D&S bores, observation bores or GMU boundaries.
- Select a groundwater characteristic to see where the aquifers are and what the salinity or yield might be like in an aquifer group – upper, middle or lower (you can only choose of of these at a time)
- Clicking on some data points or area boundaries will provide you with more information or useful links.
Troubleshooting: If you are having trouble viewing or clicking on a layer, try zooming in one or two levels closer. If you are still having trouble please contact us here.